The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) conducted its 70th Board of Governer (BOG) meeting on Saturday. The chairman Mr Ramiz Raja chaired the meeting to decide on the following, including Pakistan Junior League (PJL), Domestic Cricket, and others.
According to the outcomes of BOG, the BOG endorses the ownership of PJL by the PCB. The board has a chance to show the world the values of the events through its local and international partners in order to attract young cricketers, not only in the country but also abroad.
The rest of the outcomes of BOG are:
- Installation of hybrid pitches similar to ones being used at six England Test centres and the ECB’s National Performance Centre. A pitch each will be laid at the National Stadium, Gaddafi Stadium and National High-Performance Centre, while the remaining 27 pitches will be laid at the other active club and first-class venues. Each hybrid pitch has a lifespan of more than 10 years and is easy to maintain
- Playing Conditions, Suspected/Illegal Bowling Action and Code of Conduct for Player and Player Support Personnel for the PJL which shall be applicable to the upcoming tournament as well
- Amendment to Model Constitutions for CAs and CCAs by removing management rights and veto powers of the Principal Sponsors in respect of certain appointments within the CA/CCAs. Updated CCA/CA Model Constitutions will shortly be available at the PCB website, under Documents/PCB Model Constitutions
- Regulations on the sanctioning of private cricket events in line with the ICC Regulations on the Sanctioning of Events and Player Release (approved in April 2022) which provide exclusivity and responsibility to each National Cricket Federation to retain control over cricket matches and events played within its territory. PCB’s Regulations relating to Sanctioning of Private Cricket Tournaments will be uploaded under Documents at the PCB website
- Committee compositions which will be available at PCB’s corporate website