The mega auction of the Indian Premier League (IPL 2022), being a two-day affair following the edition of two new IPL teams, is set to take place on 12th and 13th February in Bengaluru.
All the preparations have already been down and dusted but here are the following details about time, hosting, venue, players retention, the remaining purse of teams, total registrations, etc you need to know about the mega auction:
- IPL 2022 mega auction will take place at 11:00 am IST on both days
- IPL 2022 mega auction will be live-streamed on Disney Hotstar
- Star Sports will broadcast the event timely
- Ten teams will participate in the IPL auction for the first time since 2011
- Almost 1290 players registered for the auction, the list has been cut down to 590 including 390 Indians and 220 overseas
- The eight franchises were allowed to retain a maximum of four players including one foreigner
- The two new teams picked three players from the non-retained players of the eight existing teams.
- The remaining purse ahead of the IPL 2022 auction for all ten teams is; CSK (48 Crore), KKR (48 Crore), MI (48 Crore), DC (47.5 Crore), AT (52 Crore), RCB (57 Crore), LSG (59 Crore), RR (62 Crore), SRH (68 Crore), PBKS (72 Crore)
- Players from 14 countries have participated in the marquee event